- To read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it
- To determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development
- To analyze how and why individuals, events, or ideas develop and interact over the course of a text.
- To integrate and evaluate content presented in diverse media and formats, including visually and quantitatively
- Science Friday- Teaching Ancient Nautilus New Tricks video
- Advance Organizer- Why Ebola Patients Are Rejecting Care and Delays in the Fight Against Ebola video segments
- Review questions from “Burial Boys of Ebola”
- Ebola Outbreak Q&A- Use the resource “Ebola Q and A” packet from the NY Times to answer basic questions about the Ebola outbreak in the graphic organizer. Work with a Learning Partner.