- Compare and contrast mass and weight
- Explain that density (mass/volume) is a characteristic property that can be used to identify an element or substance
- Use appropriate tools and metric units to measure and/or calculate various physical properties including mass, volume, density, temperature, length, boiling point, melting point, surface tension, viscosity, and solubility
- Do Now- Copy down homework assignment in planner, add to Table of Contents, set up pp.56-57 in your science notebook.
- Demonstration- What is Density?
- Complete practice- Density worksheet
Density calculation on p.56 in science notebook