- To describe the relationship between an object’s mass and its inertia when at rest and in motion
- To express mathematically how the mass of an object and the force acting on it affects it acceleration
- Do Now- Get out your homework- Newton’s Laws of Motion Webquest. Write your name on it; Get out the Straw Rocket Experiment packet; Read directions 1-8 on the first page of the Straw Rocket Experiment packet.
- Collect HW- Newton’s Laws of Motion webquest
- Science Friday- Babies on the Brink and Forecasting the Meltdown
- Experiment- Straw rocket
- Complete design of rocket. (Use colored pencils & rulers.)
- In lab groups, decide on which design to build.
- Follow direction 1-8 on the Straw Rocket Packet to build your rocket. Put your names on your rocket!