To design & conduct an experiment to determine how launch angle, force, length of rocket body, & number of fins affects the distance a rocket travels
- Do Now- Get out the Straw Rocket Experiment packet and turn to page 3 and On a colored slip of paper, write down which of Newton’s three laws of motion that rocket launches are an example and why.
- Review HW- Conclusion for force on p.3 of Straw Rocket Experiment Packet
- Cue- Interactive Games-Rocket Science 101 NASA and Gravity Launch- Science Netlinks
- Experiment- Straw Rocket
- Choose independent variable for final test- straw length, number of fins, size of nose cone
- Build 2 more rockets in addition to the one that you have. Remember to keep the other variables constant/control the other variables. Put your name on your new rockets.
- Measure the new rockets (mass, length, diameter of base)
- Conduct experiment- Test the new independent variable and record dependent variable in data table.