To design & conduct an experiment to determine how launch angle, force, length of rocket body, & number of fins affects the distance a rocket travels
- Do Now- Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner; Get out the Straw Rocket Experiment packet and turn to the variable that you are testing; Work out the following word picture brainteaser:
- Rocket Experiment-
- Build 2 more rockets in addition to the one that you have. Remember to keep the other variables constant/control the other variables. Put your name on your new rockets.
- Measure the new rockets (mass, length, diameter of base)
- Conduct experiment- Test the new independent variable and record dependent variable in data table.
- STUDY- Rocket & Newton’s Laws of Motion Quiz on Friday 5/6 (pp.92-95 in ISN)
- Rocket Experiment Packet due on Friday 5/6