- To determine how experiments are used to solve problems
- To develop questioning abilities and to pursue evidence-based arguments & challenge assumptions
- Do Now- Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner; Get out your science notebook and open it to p.14; Read your answer to the question on p.14. Do you want to add to it or edit it?
- Periods 3,4, and 7- Complete Cue– Mythbusters: Moon Landing Hoax educational videos- How is the scientific method used to solve the problem of how footprints were left on the moon with no moisture?
- Trigger– On sticky notes, write questions/ideas about the scientific method (designing experiments, measuring, and collecting data). Put your sticky notes on p.14 in your interactive science notebook. Whenever a question comes to mind, write it on a sticky note, and stick it here.
- Cover page– On p. 15 in your interactive science notebook, create a cover page for the unit on Experimental Design, Measurement, & Data Collection.
Rules for Cover Page:
Write the title very large so that it is easy to read.
Draw a minimum of 3 pictures that represents the unit. Ex. rulers, beakers, cylinders, scales, graphs, data tables, etc.
Color the entire page, corner to corner, using colored pencil or crayons- no white paper showing
Complete Cover Page (science notebook page 15)