- Period 2
- Period 1- Hollyball
- Period 3- Hollyball
- Period 4
- Period 5
- Period 6
- Period 7
- Learn about contour maps that employ color keys to show differences in temperature and other things within a region/country.
- Use weather data to plot on a map the likelihood of snow cover in 50 cities on Christmas Day.
- Create a color key for the contour maps and color the maps.
- Explain in writing what they learned from the activity
<p><a href=”https://vimeo.com/8217840″>Festive Science! A Holiday Chem Lab</a> from <a href=”https://vimeo.com/acs”>ACS Pressroom</a> on <a href=”https://vimeo.com”>Vimeo</a>.</p>
- Science Friday- Growing Snowflakes in a Bottle, Snowflake Safari, Another Reason to Spike the Eggnog and Festive Science!- A Holiday Chem Lab
- Observe historical weather data and color temperature/contour maps
- Plot temperature data for cities on U.S. map
- Connect data points with contour lines and color areas based on color key
- Try some holiday chemistry activities- A Chemistry Christmas Carol, Some Elemental Facts of Santa Contest, and/or A Christmas Elemental Word Search