Each pure substance has characteristic physical properties like density (for any bulk quantity under given conditions) that can be used to identify it.
- Do Now– Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner; Add to your NEW Table of Contents- Density Cue p.56 (Left Side), Density Cover Page p.57 (Right Side), AND Density Demonstration p.58 (Left Side); Get out your science notebook and head page 58 properly with “Density-Demonstration-2/3/16”
- Demonstration– Do cubes of exactly the same size and shape have the same mass? Why does one cube have a greater mass than the other?
- Diagram– Copper and Aluminum Atoms in a Cube (Answer Question 1 in cooperative table group)
- Animation/Modeling– How to measure volume & mass of a cube (Answer Questions 2-6 in cooperative table group)
- Unit Cover page– On p. 57 in your interactive science notebook, create a cover page for the unit on Density.
- Write the title very large so that it is easy to read.
- Draw a minimum of 3 pictures that represents the unit.
- Color the entire page, corner to corner, using colored pencil or crayons- no white paper showing
- Density Unit Cover page due Friday, 2/5
- Periods 3 & 6– Science Writing Activity due Friday, 2/5