Remember: As long as you act like a scientist when we do science, you will be treated like a scientist and conduct investigations. If not, you get to watch the rest of us do science.
Each pure substance has characteristic physical properties like density (for any bulk quantity under given conditions) that can be used to identify it.
- Do Now– Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner; Add to your Table of Contents- “Density Cubes p.59” (Right Side); Get out your science notebook and head page 58 properly with “Density Cube-Observations-2/4/16″
- Animation/Modeling– How to measure volume & mass of a cube (Answer Questions 2-6 in cooperative table group)
- Observation investigation– Can you use density to identify eight cubes made of different materials? Model procedure. Conduct the investigation!
- Notebook– Trim & tape Demonstration Questions 1-6 to page 58
- Density Unit Cover page due Friday, 2/5
- Periods 3 & 6– Science Writing Activity due Friday, 2/5