- To measure the volume and mass of water and calculate its density.
- To explain that since any volume of water always has the same density, density is a characteristic property of water.
- Do Now– Get out your science notebook and add to your Table of Contents- “Density of Water Investigation p.65” (Right Side); Head page 65 properly with “Density of Water-Investigation-2/18/16;”Trim and tape “Buoyancy” (Bill Nye video) handout to page 63.
- Review HW– Questions on page 62/Collect sub work
- Demonstration– Does water have density?