Remember: As long as you act like a scientist when we do science, you will be treated like a scientist and conduct investigations. If not, you get to watch the rest of us do science.
- To measure the volume and mass of water and calculate its density.
- To explain that since any volume of water always has the same density, density is a characteristic property of water.
- Do Now-Read the “Question to investigate,” “Materials for each group,” and “Procedure” you find on the Activity Handout and Solve the following density problem: “What is the density of the 12 g cube at the right?”
- Science Friday– The Bouba-Kiki Effect
- Observation Investigation– Do different amounts of water have the same density? Model procedure & review science safety regulations. Conduct the investigation!