- To measure the volume and mass of water and calculate its density.
- To explain that since any volume of water always has the same density, density is a characteristic property of water.
- Do Now– Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner; Get out your Density of Water Lab and get out your science notebook and open to page 65; Trim & tape the Density of Water Activity procedure as a flip page to page 65.
- Observation Investigation– Do different amounts of water have the same density?Continue conducting the investigation & recording the data. Answer questions 2-7. Trim & tape data table & questions 2-7 as flip page to page 65.
- Application– Answer “Explain It With Atoms & Molecules” Question 8 & “Take It Further” Question 9
- Periods 2,4, & 7- Complete Lab Questions 2-7
- Periods 3 & 6- Questions 8 & 9