- Students will be able to determine whether an object will sink or float by comparing its density to the density of water.
- Do Now– Get out your science notebook and add to your Table of Contents- “Sinking & Floating Solids Demo. p.67” (Right Side); Head page 67 properly with “Sinking & Floating Solids-Demonstration-2/24/16;” Get out your Question 8 and trim & tape it to page 64.
- Review HW– Period 6– Questions #8-9/Application– Answer “Explain It With Atoms & Molecules” Question 8 (Periods 2, 4, & 7)
- Notebook– Set up questions on page 67.
- Advance Organizer– Properties of Matter Study Jams and Measuring Matter Brain POP animations
- Demonstration– Sinking & Floating Solids- Why does a heavier candle float and a lighter piece of clay sink?
- Application– Answer “Explain It With Atoms & Molecules” Question 4 & “Take It Further” Questions 5-8