- Students will be able to determine whether an object will sink or float by comparing its density to the density of water.
- Do Now– Get out your science notebook and add to your Table of Contents- “Sinking & Floating Solids Explanation p.66” (Left Side); Head page 66 properly with “Sinking & Floating Solids-Explanation-2/25/16;” Rabbit or duck?
- Period 2– Review Application Question 8 & tape to page 64; Set up questions on page 67
- Demonstration (except for Periods 3 & finish for Periods 6 & 7)– Sinking & Floating Solids- Why does a heavier candle float and a lighter piece of clay sink?
- Application– Answer “Explain It With Atoms & Molecules” Question 4 & “Take It Further” Questions 5-8