To determine whether a liquid will sink or float in water by comparing its density to the density of water.
- Do Now– Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner; Get out your science notebook and add to your Table of Contents- “Sinking & Floating Liquids Explanation p.68” (Left Side); Head page 68 properly with “Sinking & Floating Liquids-Explanation-3/3/16.”
- Review HW– Questions 7-10 on Take It Further handout/Collect any more simulation handouts
- Notebook– Tape the homework Explain It With Atoms & Molecules/Take It Further handout with Questions 6 and 7-10 onto page 68 and the class work Demonstration handout with Questions 1-3 and 5 onto page 69. For both handouts, do not trim and be sure that the back can be seen when taped to the page.
- Understanding Connections- Write an Understanding Connections statement on the sinking or floating of liquids on a Post-It note and stick it to the Understanding Connections pages p.60-61 of your science notebook.
- Advance Organizer– Mass, Volume, & Density Science of NHL Hockey, Volume & Density Eureka, and Buoyancy Eukeka video segments
STUDY- Density Quiz tomorrow, 3/4