- To plan an investigation that identifies factors that determine the friction force between two objects
- To Do-Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner; Get out your science notebook and add to the Table of Contents- “Understanding Connections p.72” (Left Side) and “Understanding Connections p.73” (Right Side); Head both pages 72 & 73 properly with “Friction-Understanding Connections-3/8/16.”
- Cue– Observe the cargo ship in the storm. On page 70 of your science notebook, write down how you might slow down, stop, or at least make it hard for the cars to move. You cannot secure the cars to the deck because there is not any ropes/chains. (Write-Pair-Share)
- Understanding Connections-p.72-73 in interactive science notebook. Formulate Unit Question using ideas/questions from sticky notes. Draw a light bulb in the center of the page and write Unit Question inside the light bulb.
- Unit Cover Page– On p.71 in your interactive science notebook, create a cover page for the unit on Friction.
- Write the title very large so that it is easy to read.
- Draw a minimum of 3 pictures that represents the unit.
- Color the entire page, corner to corner, using colored pencil or crayons- no white paper showing.
- Friction Unit Cover Page due on Friday, 3/11
- Periods 3 & 6– Density Problems due tomorrow 3/9