- To explain, in terms of electrons and protons, why a charged object is attracted or repelled by another charged object
- To explain that the attraction between positive protons and negative electrons holds an atom together
- Do Now-Get out your science notebook and add to the Table of Contents- “Protons, Neutrons, & Electrons p.83” (Right Side) and Head page 83 properly with “Protons, Neutrons, & Electrons-Investigation-3/23/16.”
- Advance Organizer- Atoms: Protons, Neutrons, Electrons Study Jam and Atomic Model (click here for free version) BrainPOP animations
- Cue- Protons, Neutrons, & Electrons- As a full class, review parts of an atom, atomic attractions & charges, & electron clouds/energy levels. Work with your learning partner to answer questions 1, 2, & 3. Share answers in class. Trim and tape handout to page 83.