- To identify different atoms by the number of protons in the nucleus and realize that the number of electrons equals the number of protons in a neutral atom
- To explain the meaning of atomic number and atomic mass
- Do Now– Get out your science notebook and add to the Table of Contents- “Periodic Table p.85” (Right Side) and Head page 85 properly with “Periodic Table-Notes-3/30/16”
- Advance Organizer– “Meet the Elements” song and distribute Periodic Table
- Notes– Introduction to the Periodic Table- on page 85 of science notebook; Trim & tape Periodic Table as flip page to page 85
- Game– The Periodic Table- Model how to play the game and then begin!