- To identify different atoms by the number of protons in the nucleus and realize that the number of electrons equals the number of protons in a neutral atom
- To explain the meaning of atomic number and atomic mass
- Do Now– Get out your science notebook and add to the Table of Contents- “Elements 1-20 p.84” (Left Side) and Head page 84 properly with “Periodic Table-Elements 1-20-3/31/16.”
- Advance Organizer– Periodic Table Study Jam and The genius of Mendeleev’s periodic table TED Ed video
- Game– The Periodic Table- Model how to play the game and then begin! Trim and tape Periodic Table Elements 1-20 to page 84.
- Understanding Connections- Write an Understanding Connections statement about the Periodic Table on a Post-It note and stick it to the Understanding Connections pages (p.80-81) of your science notebook.