- To identify different atoms by the number of protons in the nucleus and realize that the number of electrons equals the number of protons in a neutral atom
- To explain the meaning of atomic number and atomic mass
- Do Now– Get out your science notebook and add to the Table of Contents- “Parts of an Atom p.87” (Right Side) and Head page 87 properly with “Parts of an Atom-Definition-4/1/16.”
- Definitions- Trim & tape parts of an atom definitions to page 87.
- Notebook– Trim and tape Periodic Table Elements 1-20 to page 84.Write an Understanding Connections statement about the Periodic Table on a Post-It note and stick it to the Understanding Connections pages (p.80-81) of your science notebook.
- Science Friday– Superbloom: How Death Valley Springs to Life
- Educational video– TED Ed Periodic videos