- Use the number of protons, neutrons, and electrons to draw a model of the atom, identify the element, and determine the mass and charge.
- Predict how addition or subtraction of a proton, neutron, or electron will change the element, the charge, and the mass.
- Use the element name, mass, and charge to determine the number of protons, neutrons, and electrons.
- Do Now– Copy down today’s homework assignment in your daily planner; Get out the handout for the Build an Atom PhET simulation and enter Answer Sheet CFA#3 into the Google Form on Google Classroom.
- The Sagan Series– The Pale Blue Dot
- Simulation– Build an Atom PhET- With a partner, build an atom out of protons, neutrons, and electrons and see how the element, charge, and mass change. Then play a game to test your ideas! As you work through the simulation, complete the activity handout.
Periodic Table and Atoms Quiz on Wednesday, 4/27 (STUDY science notebook)