- To determine the motion of an object by the sum of the forces acting on it
- To relate mass and force to a change in motion
- Do Now– Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner; Get out your science notebook open to pages 104-105- your experiment on Newton’s 1st & 2nd laws; Talk to everyone in your lab group- Does everyone have the data written in his or her data table? Be sure to calculate averages too.
- Collect homework– Forces and Motion Basics PhET simulation (for anyone absent from class on Friday)
- Science Vocabulary– Copy the definitions for the following scientific terms onto the back of the flash-card template: force, motion, friction, inertia, speed, acceleration
- Advance Organizer– Newton’s First law- Inertia, Newton’s Second Law- Acceleration, Newton’s Third Law- Action & Reaction
- Investigation Experiment– How does the sum of forces on an object or the mass of an object affect the object’s motion? Use data to create a graph. Write conclusion (with writing prompts, if appropriate).
- STUDY- Forces and Motion Quiz tomorrow 6/1
- Science Notebook due Fri. 6/3