- To apply Newton’s third law to design a solution to a problem involving the motion of objects
- Do Now– Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner and Get out the sketch of your scooter design and sit with your engineering challenge group.
- Period 3- CFA #4; Rotate through chrome-book station to enter CFA data into Google form
- Engineering Project– Newton’s Scooters- In this project, you will use Newton’s third law of motion to design and build a vehicle that moves without the use of gravity or a power source such as electricity.Create a prototype of your scooter and a poster presentation.
- Build your vehicle according to your group’s design.
- Create a poster that includes:
- An explanation of how the scooter that you designed demonstrates Newton’s 3rd law of motion
- A prediction of how your scooter will perform in the demonstration.
Newton’s Scooter Design Challenge Final Project Presentation due Thu 6/9/Fri 6/10