- To apply Newton’s third law to design a solution to a problem involving the motion of objects
- Do Now– Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner and get out the sketch of your scooter design, the draft of your poster, and any building materials.
- Engineering Project– Newton’s Scooters- In this project, you will use Newton’s third law of motion to design and build a vehicle that moves without the use of gravity or a power source such as electricity. Create a prototype of your scooter and a poster presentation.
- Build your vehicle according to your group’s design.
- Create a poster that includes:
- An explanation of how the scooter that you designed demonstrates Newton’s 3rd law of motion
- A prediction of how your scooter will perform in the demonstration.
Newton’s Scooter Design Challenge Final Project Presentation due Thu 6/9 (Period 3)/Fri 6/10