Period 3- Presentation of the scooter that you designed and built for the Newton’s Scooter Design Challenge
- To apply Newton’s third law to design a solution to a problem involving the motion of objects
- Do Now- Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner and Get out the sketch of your scooter design, your poster, and your Newton’s scooter prototype.
- Engineering Project– Newton’s Scooters- In this project, you will use Newton’s third law of motion to design and build a vehicle that moves without the use of gravity or a power source such as electricity. Create a prototype of your scooter and a poster presentation.
- Build your vehicle according to your group’s design.
- Create a poster that includes:
- An explanation of how the scooter that you designed demonstrates Newton’s 3rd law of motion
- A prediction of how your scooter will perform in the demonstration.
Newton’s Scooter Design Challenge Final Project Presentation due tomorrow 6/10