EXPECTATIONS for Newton’s Scooter Design Challenge Presentations/Demonstration
- Line up outside of the classroom door with your right shoulder facing the wall.
- Walk quietly in the hallway toward the main office. We will exit the building using the doors outside of the auditorium. Wait for a teacher before you walk outside.
- When you get outside, walk up to the wall and sit down. Be sure to sit close together because we have to fit two classes of students there.
- The wind may blow so hold tightly to your posters and scooters!
- During the presentations, be respectful and listen to your classmates.
- Encourage each other during the demonstration. Be positive with your comments.
- To apply Newton’s third law to design a solution to a problem involving the motion of objects
- Do Now– Sit with your collaborative group; Get out your poster and your Newton’s scooter; Be ready to focus on the Expectations for the Newton’s Scooter Design Challenge Presentations/Demonstrations.
- Science Friday- The Real Guide to Imaginary Creatures Part 3
- Engineering Project– Newton’s Scooters- In this project, you will use Newton’s third law of motion to design and build a vehicle that moves without the use of gravity or a power source such as electricity. Final Project Presentations
- Present poster.
- Demonstrate scooter.
- Educational Video– Mentos and Diet Coke MythBusters