First Day of School Schedule
8:05-8:15- Report to HR
- 8:15-8:30- Assign seats, morning announcements
- 8:30-9:00- Ice Breaker- Blobs and Lines
- 9:00-9:30- Circle- What is your hope or dream for the school year? Write a one sentence response on a piece of paper, bring your paper to the circle, and share your thoughts. Watch What is your hope? video segment.
- 9:30-10:00- Handprint- Use your response to the question “What is Your Hope?” to create a handprint that expresses your hope.
- 10:00-10:30- Forms/flyers/schedules
- 10:30-10:45- Lockers
- 10:45-11:45- Make Your Day- Think about your experience with the Make Your Day program. Write down one thing that worked for you about the program and one thing that did not. Give reasons for each. Turn to your table group partners and listen to each other’s ideas. Participate in a whole class sharing. Review and model steps. Questions?
- 11:45-11:56- Teach lunch procedure
- 11:56-12:16- Lunch
- 12:16-12:58- Handbook review
1:01-2:30 (All classes)- What is science? activity
- Back to homeroom for recap, questions, lockers and start dismissal at 2:40