- Do Now– Get out your science notebook and add to the Table of Contents- “Design Detectives p.22” (Left Side). Head page 22 properly with “Design Detectives-Create Your Own Scenario- 10/20/16.” How many people do you see in this picture?
- Assessment– Experimental Design Key Words Quiz
- Periods 2 & 6- Experimental Scenarios– Design Detectives- Model identification of IV, DV, control, constants, etc. in an experimental scenario. Each cooperative table group is assigned an experimental scenario. Write-Pair-Share- Write the answers to the questions individually, discuss your answers with your group, share your scenario and answers with the class.
- Experimental Scenarios– Complete assigned scenario on page 23. Tape flip page and Design Detectives handout to page 23.
- Output-Create Your Own Scenario- On page 22, describe your own experimental scenario. Trade your notebook with a partner to see if he/she can identify the key parts to the design of the experiment.