|11:41-1:01 (includes lunch as usual with usual times)||Period 2|
Remember: As long as you act like a scientist when we do science, you will be treated like a scientist and conduct investigations. If not, you get to watch the rest of us do science.
- Gases and liquids are made of molecules or inert atoms that are moving about relative to each other.
- In a liquid, the molecules are constantly in contact with others; in a gas, they are widely spaced except when they happen to collide. In a solid, atoms are closely spaced and may vibrate in position but do not change relative locations.
- Do Now– Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner. Get out your science notebook and open to page 31. Read the procedure on the handout. What are the controlled variables in this experiment?
- Investigation – Molecules in Motion-Is the speed of molecules in hot water different than in cold water?
- Review Science Safety Regulations and complete Lab Safety Checklist- Before You Begin (Periods 4 & 6)
- Review Table Group Member Responsibilities (Periods 4, 6, & 7)
- Begin Lab!
- Complete Lab Safety Checklist– After Lab is Completed.
- Answer Lab Questions 1-4
- Tape the Activity handout as a flip page to page 31
Complete Lab Questions 1-4