- The changes of state that occur with variations in temperature or pressure can be described and predicted using models of matter
- Heat refers to energy transferred due to temperature differences between two objects
- Do Now– Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner. Get out your notebook and add to the Table of Contents-“Heat-Temperature-Conduction p.39” (Right Side). Open to page 39 and head it properly with “Heat Temperature Conduction-Investigation-12/12/16.”
- Investigative Phenomenon- Discuss what happens when a spoon is placed in a hot liquid like soup or hot chocolate. With your cooperative table group partners, create a model that explains how the spoon gets hot in the liquid.
- Notebook– Set up page 39
- Investigation– Heat, Temperature, Conduction- Why does the temperature of an object change when it is placed in hot water? Read the Activity handout. On page 39, determine a problem statement, hypothesis, and experimental variables for the key question.
Matter- Solids, Liquids, & Gases Thesis/Term Paper due on Thurs. 12/15