- The changes of state that occur with variations in temperature or pressure can be described and predicted using models of matter
- Heat refers to energy transferred due to temperature differences between two objects
- Do Now– Get out your science notebook and open to page 38. Solve the following riddle: “What do you get when you cross an automobile with a household animal?”
- Science Friday- Your Very Special Bacterial Cloud
- Period 4- Investigation- Heat, Temperature, Conduction- Why does the temperature of an object change when it is placed in hot water? Read procedure and model steps for Part 2. Begin Part 2 of Lab. Record data in Data Table. Complete Lab Safety Checklist– After Lab is Completed. Tape Activity handout as flip page to p.39.
- Model & Conclusion- (notebook page 38) Based on your observation of room temperature washers in hot water, draw a model of the atoms in the room temperature metal washers and the molecules in the hot water before and after being placed in hot water. Make a conclusion about why the temperature of an object changes when it is placed in hot water and use your temperature data of the room temperature metal washers and the hot water as evidence to support your conclusion. Add key vocabulary terms heat energy and conduction to Index.