|11:41-1:01 (includes lunch as usual with usual times)||Period 5|
- The changes of state that occur with variations in temperature or pressure can be described and predicted using models of matter
- Heat refers to energy transferred due to temperature differences between two objects
- Do Now– Get out the States of Matter simulation papers. There are three of them- one on water, one on Neon, and one on phase changes. Compare your models of water and neon in each of the three states of matter- solid, liquid, and gas. How are they the same? How are they different?
- Modeling– Describe how matter changes when temperature increases and when it decreases. Be sure to explain what happens to the arrangement, attraction, and movement of particles.
- Educational video- Bill Nye the Science Guy & Phases of Matter