- The changes of state that occur with variations in temperature or pressure can be described and predicted using models of matter
- Heat refers to energy transferred due to temperature differences between two objects
- Do Now- Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner. Get out your science notebook and add to the Table of Contents- “Condensation p.44” (Left Side) and “Condensation p.45” (Right Side). Open to page 44 and head it properly with “Condensation-Model-1/9/17 and open to page 45 and head it properly with “Condensation-Demonstration-1/9/17.”
- Demonstration- What happens when water vapor (gas) condenses?- Draw your observations of two cups of cold water, one placed in a zip-lock plastic bag on page 45. Define condensation. Give examples. Add key term to index at back of notebook.
- Model– Describe your observations of the water vapor that forms on the side of the cold cup by creating a model to explain condensation on p.44.
STUDY pages 38-49- Changes of State Quiz on Friday 1/13/17