- The changes of state that occur with variations in temperature or pressure can be described and predicted using models of matter
- Heat refers to energy transferred due to temperature differences between two objects
- Do Now- Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner. Get out your science notebook and add to the Table of Contents- “Freezing p.46” (Left Side) and “Freezing p.47” (Right Side). Open to page 46 and head it properly with “Freezing-Model-1/11/17 and open to page 47 and head it properly with “Freezing-Demonstration-1/11/17.”
- Review HW– Questions 8, 9, 10
- Advance Organizer– Chemistry Now Chemistry of Ice video segment
- Demonstration– What happens when liquid water changes to solid ice? Describe your observations of the Ice Bomb on page 47. Define freezing. Add key term to index at back of notebook .
- Model– Observe the animations of Ice structure Ice at Different Angles. Create a model of water molecules in solid ice and liquid water on p.46. Freezing Point of Gas- Liquid Nitrogen Demonstration Let’s Freeze Liquid Nitrogen
STUDY pages 38-49- Changes of State Quiz on Friday 1/13