|11:41-1:01 (includes lunch as usual with usual times)||Period 5|
- Substances are made from different types of atoms, which combine with one another in various ways. Atoms form molecules that range in size from two to thousands of atoms.
- Each pure substance has characteristic physical properties (for any bulk quantity under given conditions) that can be used to identify it.
- Do Now– Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner. Get out your science notebook and add to the Table of Contents- Cover Page- p.51 (Right Side). What do you see in this picture?
- Model– Create an initial model about how you think the person is able to float on top of the water instead of swimming in the Dead Sea. Draw a diagram of the phenomenon on a piece of easel paper. (Cooperative table group)
- Driving Question– Complete full class sharing of questions from See-Think-Wonder. Categorize the questions to come up with a driving question about density.
- Unit Cover Page-On p.51 in your interactive science notebook, create a cover page for the unit on Density
- Write the title very large so that it is easy to read.
- Draw a minimum of 3 pictures that represents the unit.
- Color the entire page, corner to corner, using colored pencil or crayons- no white paper showing
Science Notebooks due Fri. 1/27