- Substances are made from different types of atoms, which combine with one another in various ways. Atoms form molecules that range in size from two to thousands of atoms.
- Each pure substance has characteristic physical properties (for any bulk quantity under given conditions) that can be used to identify it.
- Do Now– Get out your science notebook and add to the Table of Contents- Effect of Mass- p.57 (Right Side). Head page 57 properly with “Effect of Mass-Investigation-1/30/17”
- Notebook Work- Review Questions 1-6 handout and tape as a flip page to page 54.
- Investigation– What is the relationship between mass and density for objects of equal volume? On page 57, set up Key Question, Problem Statement, Hypothesis, and Experimental Design. Review procedure and density calculation. Review Lab Safety Regulations and complete Lab Safety Checklist. Assign Table Group Member Responsibilities. Begin Lab!