- Substances are made from different types of atoms, which combine with one another in various ways. Atoms form molecules that range in size from two to thousands of atoms.
- Each pure substance has characteristic physical properties (for any bulk quantity under given conditions) that can be used to identify it.
- Do Now– Get out your science notebook and open to page 59.
- Periods 2 & 4- Demonstration– Rods- Do rods with the exactly the same mass but have the same volumes? How do you measure volume using the water displacement method?
- Complete Practice– Questions 1-4 on Demonstration handout
- Investigation– What is the relationship between volume and density for objects of equal mass? On page 59, set up Key Question, Problem Statement, Hypothesis, and Experimental Design.