- Substances are made from different types of atoms, which combine with one another in various ways. Atoms form molecules that range in size from two to thousands of atoms.
- Each pure substance has characteristic physical properties (for any bulk quantity under given conditions) that can be used to identify it.
- Do Now– Get out your science notebook and add to your Table of Contents- “Density of Water p.61” (Right Side). Head page 61 properly with “Density of Water-Investigation-2/23/17.”
- (Except Period 3)- Investigation– What is the relationship between volume and density for objects of equal mass? On p.58, Model relative size & arrangement of atoms/molecules in plastic & metal cylinders and write conclusion regarding how the volume of cylinders of the same mass affects and tape procedure/data table as flip page to p.59 and tape graph paper as flip page to p.58.
- Driving Question Summary Table– Complete the Summary Table on pages 52-53 for the Effect of Mass Activity.
- (Period 3) Anchoring Phenomenon/Model- Watch the person floating on the Dead Sea video segment again. Revise the initial model about how you think the person is able to float on top of the water instead of swimming in the Dead Sea. (Cooperative table group)