- Substances are made from different types of atoms, which combine with one another in various ways. Atoms form molecules that range in size from two to thousands of atoms.
- Each pure substance has characteristic physical properties (for any bulk quantity under given conditions) that can be used to identify it.
- Do Now- Get out your science notebook and open to page 61. Solve the following density problem:”What is the density of the 12 g cube at the right?”
- Science Friday- The Bouba-Kiki Effect
- Demonstration– Set up page 61. There are two identical containers. One is half filled with water and one is filled with only 1 cup. By lifting the containers, which bucket has the most mass of water? Which do you think has water with the most density? Answer questions on page 61 (Think-Pair-Share).