- Substances are made from different types of atoms, which combine with one another in various ways. Atoms form molecules that range in size from two to thousands of atoms.
- Each pure substance has characteristic physical properties (for any bulk quantity under given conditions) that can be used to identify it.
- Do Now- Get out your science notebook and add to your Table of Contents- “Sinking & Floating Solids p.62” (Left Side). Head page 62 properly with “Sinking & Floating-Solids-Model-3/3/17.” Rabbit or duck?
- Check HW (Period 3)– Take It Further Questions 5-8 handout
- Science Friday- Is Pedigree What It’s Cracked Up to Be?
- Complete Driving Question Summary Table (periods 2, 4, 6, & 7))– Complete the Summary Table on pages 52-53 for the Density of Water Activity.
- Demonstration (except period 3)– Why does a heavier candle float and a lighter piece of candle sink? Record your demonstration observations on page 63.
- Model-Answer Question 4 about density of water, wax, & a candle on the molecular level. Trim and tape the handout to page 62. Period 3 Review HW-Take It Further Questions 5-8 handout.
- Enrichment– Float or Sink Cool Science Experiment Steve Spangler Science video segment and The real story behind Archimedes’ Eurkeka!TED Ed video segment