- Substances are made from different types of atoms, which combine with one another in various ways. Atoms form molecules that range in size from two to thousands of atoms.
- Each pure substance has characteristic physical properties (for any bulk quantity under given conditions) that can be used to identify it.
- Do Now– Get out your science notebook and add to your Table of Contents- “Sinking & Floating Liquids p.64” (Left Side). Head page 64 properly with “Sinking & Floating Liquids-Model-3/7/17.
- Review HW (Period 3 only)– Take It Further Questions 7-10 handout
- Demonstration & Model (except Period 3)– Do all liquids have the same density? Record your demonstration observations of the candles floating on two different liquids and the density column on page 65. (Period 4 only) Review Questions 3 & 5 and trim& tape them as a flip page to p.65. Answer Question 6 about water alcohol and oil on the molecular level. Trim and tape the handout to page 64.
- Driving Question Summary Table– Complete the Summary Table on pages 52-53 for the Sinking and Floating Activities on pages 62-65.