- Substances are made from different types of atoms, which combine with one another in various ways. Atoms form molecules that range in size from two to thousands of atoms.
- Each pure substance has characteristic physical properties (for any bulk quantity under given conditions) that can be used to identify it.
- Do Now– Get out your science notebook and open to pages 52-53. Read what you wrote for the Sinking and Floating Activity. Be prepared to share with the class what your group wrote for each column.
- Driving Question Summary Table– Complete the Summary Table on pages 52-53 for the Sinking and Floating Activities on pages 62-65.
- Anchoring Phenomenon/Model- Watch the person floating on the Dead Sea video segment again. Create a final model about how you think the person is able to float on top of the water instead of swimming in the Dead Sea. (Cooperative table group)