- Each atom has a charged sub-structure consisting of a nucleus, which is made of protons and neutrons, surrounded by electrons.
- The periodic table orders elements horizontally by the number of protons in the atom’s nucleus and places those with similar chemical properties in columns. The repeating patterns of this table reflect patterns of outer electron states.
- Do Now– Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner. Get out your science notebook and add to the Table of Contents- “Cover Page- p.67” (Right Side).
- Science Friday– Breakthrough: Connecting the Drops
- Anchoring Phenomenon/See-Think-Wonder– Share with the full class your responses on page 66.
- Model– Create an initial model about the randomly dancing smoke particles. Draw a diagram of the phenomenon on a piece of easel paper. (Cooperative table group)
- Unit Cover Page-On p.67 in your interactive science notebook, create a cover page for the unit on Density
- Write the title very large so that it is easy to read.
- Draw a minimum of 3 pictures that represents the unit.
- Color the entire page, corner to corner, using colored pencil or crayons- no white paper showing
Unit cover page 67 due on Tue. 4/4