- Each atom has a charged sub-structure consisting of a nucleus, which is made of protons and neutrons, surrounded by electrons.
- The periodic table orders elements horizontally by the number of protons in the atom’s nucleus and places those with similar chemical properties in columns. The repeating patterns of this table reflect patterns of outer electron states.
- Do Now– Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner. Get out your science notebook and add to the Table of Contents- “Driving Questions Summary Table- p.68” (Left Side) and “Driving Question Summary Table p.69” (Right Side).
- Driving Question Summary Table– Write questions from page 66 onto sticky notes. Categorize questions to come up with a driving question about atoms. Set up Driving Question Summary Table on pages 68-69
- Investigation– What makes objects attract or repel each other? Model Procedure Part 1. Conduct investigation & complete first row of data table. Model Procedure Part 2. Conduct investigation & complete second row of data table. Model Procedure Part 3. Conduct investigation & complete third row of data table.
- Unit Cover Page-On p.67 in your interactive science notebook, create a cover page for the unit on Density
- Write the title very large so that it is easy to read.
- Draw a minimum of 3 pictures that represents the unit.
- Color the entire page, corner to corner, using colored pencil or crayons- no white paper showing
Unit cover page 67 due on tomorrow 4/4