- Each atom has a charged sub-structure consisting of a nucleus, which is made of protons and neutrons, surrounded by electrons.
- The periodic table orders elements horizontally by the number of protons in the atom’s nucleus and places those with similar chemical properties in columns. The repeating patterns of this table reflect patterns of outer electron states.
- Do Now– Get out your science notebook and add to the Table of Contents- “Periodic Table p.73” (Right Side) and Head page 73 properly with “Periodic Table-Notes-4/18/17”
- Demonstration– Balloon and Stream of Water video- Share out to class your observations of what happened when the charged balloon was held near a stream of water and explain why it happens.
- Driving Question Summary Table– Complete the Summary Table on pages 68-69 for the Protons, Neutrons, & Electrons Activities on pages 70-71.