- Each atom has a charged sub-structure consisting of a nucleus, which is made of protons and neutrons, surrounded by electrons.
- The periodic table orders elements horizontally by the number of protons in the atom’s nucleus and places those with similar chemical properties in columns. The repeating patterns of this table reflect patterns of outer electron states.
- Do Now- Get out your science notebook and add to the Table of Contents- “Elements 1-20 p.72” (Left Side). Head page 72 properly with “Elements 1-20-Application-4/19/17.”
- Periods 6 & 7- Complete Driving Question Summary Table– Complete the Summary Table on pages 68-69 for the Protons, Neutrons, & Electrons Activities on pages 70-71.
- Advance Organizer– “Meet the Elements” song and distribute Periodic Table.
- Notes– Introduction to the Periodic Table- on page 73 of science notebook
- Notebook Work– Trim & tape Periodic Table as flip page to page 73. Add Periodic Table, Atomic Number, and Atomic Mass to Index.