- Each atom has a charged sub-structure consisting of a nucleus, which is made of protons and neutrons, surrounded by electrons.
- The periodic table orders elements horizontally by the number of protons in the atom’s nucleus and places those with similar chemical properties in columns. The repeating patterns of this table reflect patterns of outer electron states.
- Do Now– Get out your science notebook and open to page 72. Write down two pieces of information that the periodic table gives you.
- Advance Organizer– The genius of Mendeleev’s periodic table TED Ed video
- Game– The Periodic Table- Model how to play the game and then begin!