|8:23-9:58||SBAC (No Periods 3 & 4)
|11:41-1:01 (includes lunch as usual with usual times)||Period 5|
- Each atom has a charged sub-structure consisting of a nucleus, which is made of protons and neutrons, surrounded by electrons.
- The periodic table orders elements horizontally by the number of protons in the atom’s nucleus and places those with similar chemical properties in columns. The repeating patterns of this table reflect patterns of outer electron states.
- Do Now– Copy down today’s homework assignment in your planner. Get out your science notebook and open to the beginning of the Atoms and Periodic Table unit on page 66.
- Peer-Review of Unit on Atoms & the Periodic Table- Review your partner’s unit “Atoms & the Periodic Table” on pages 66-77 in his or her Interactive Science Notebook. Use the handout “Peer Review of Interactive Science Notebook” to give your partner feedback.
- Self Reflection for Unit on Atoms & the Periodic Table- Review your Unit “Atoms & the Periodic Table” on pages 66-77 in your Interactive Science Notebook. Use the Google Doc “Self-Reflection for the Unit on Atoms & the Periodic Table” to type your responses to the questions in the light gray boxes.
- Atoms and Periodic Table Quiz tomorrow 5/4 (Periods 2, 3, & 4) and on Friday 5/5 (Periods 6 & 7)
- Science Notebooks due tomorrow 5/4 (Periods 2, 3, & 4) and Friday 5/5 (Periods 6 & 7)