|8:23-9:58||SBAC (No Periods 2 & 4)
|11:41-1:01 (includes lunch as usual with usual times)||Period 5|
- Each atom has a charged sub-structure consisting of a nucleus, which is made of protons and neutrons, surrounded by electrons.
- The periodic table orders elements horizontally by the number of protons in the atom’s nucleus and places those with similar chemical properties in columns. The repeating patterns of this table reflect patterns of outer electron states.
- Do Now– Retrieval Practice- Turn to your partner and explain everything that you have learned about atoms and the periodic table. Then open up your science notebook to your Atoms and the Periodic Table Unit starting on page 66 and check if you missed anything.
- Assessment– Atoms & Periodic Table Quiz
- Educational video– Bill Nye Atoms & Molecules
- Collect science notebooks