- To develop a performance-based project to demonstrate understanding of principles associated with building bridges
- To acquire scientific knowledge regarding the design principles associated with force and load distribution in the design of a “popsicle stick” bridge
- To design, build, and test a “popsicle stick” bridge within design parameters
Continue to follow your design to build your bridge! Keep in mind the following parameters:
- You may use up to 175 wooden coffee stirrers and 25 popsicle sticks and glue. Try to use the fewest sticks possible to reach your goal.
- The bridge must be able to hold up to 5,000 g weight.
The bridge must be at least 14 inches in length.
- When bridge is constructed, it will be placed between 2 chairs & tested with weight bearing test
- Bridge will also be judged on aesthetics, so be creative